Crestward Construction is seeking a Senior CAD Draftsman / BIM Coordinator / 3D Modeling / AutoCAD MEP. We are seeking a Mechanical/Plumbing Draftsman/Designer/Engineer who is passionate about pursuing a career in HVAC and Plumbing Systems drafting for institutional and commercial buildings. Knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD Fabrication to draft Plumbing Systems is required.
Summary of Position:
This candidate will prepare our Plumbing Shop and Fabrication drawings, participate in BIM Coordination meetings (virtually), and prepare 3D Modeling on our projects. The candidate will work in a team environment to develop accurate, constructible, coordinated, and timely Plumbing system models meeting EDT's drafting standards, and fully coordinated with the architectural & structural elements of the building and the other building trades (sprinkler, ductwork, piping, etc.). Our ideal candidate is accomplished in completing project designs, drawings, specifications, photometric calculations, equipment selection and application, correspondence, survey, code studies, and construction administration. We have existing projects nationwide and are growing quickly.
The candidate will also be responsible for providing accurate shop drawings that support the construction team. This position is semi-autonomous that will report to our head project manager and is responsible for interacting with the project managers, project engineers, and field foreman.
Education / Experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (preferred) or extensive CAD drafting/BIM / 3D modeling experience with an emphasis on Plumbing
- Drafting Certificate or equivalent experience preferred
- Project Management Experience is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Plumbing drafting experience using AutoCAD Fabrication, AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP, and 3D drafting packages.
- EIT or PE in Mechanical Engineering is helpful
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural construction documents
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to details and deadlines
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed, as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments
- (This job description is intended to broadly describe the general functions and responsibility levels of this position. It should not be viewed as a comprehensive list of the specific duties)
Possess skills in the following areas: ·
- 5 years or more of drafting, including scales, drawing layout, lettering, and a high degree of accuracy in copying preferred
- Basic knowledge of substation terminology and symbology
- Working in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers
- Must be proficient in the majority of the following software, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, and AutoCAD Fabrication. Bluebeam, Bluebeam Studio, Navisworks, ProCore, Sharepoint, and Slack.
- Proficient in all basic communication and office tasks such as word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize EDT's CAD standards to create Plumbing models consistent with company and project requirements.
- Develop drawings from sketches, contract drawings, or verbal direction
- Accurately model Plumbing systems in compliance with project plans, project specifications, and code requirements in AutoCAD Fabrication.
- Development of underground Plumbing system models fully coordinated with structural footings, grade beams, etc.
- Accurately model Plumbing systems in compliance with project plans, project specifications, and code requirements.
- Participate in and execute our BIM modeling and 3D modeling initiatives.
- Coordinate all plumbing systems with ductwork, mechanical equipment, architectural, structural elements, and other trades of the building.
- Coordinate all plumbing to provide adequate access in accordance with manufacturer and code clearances to avoid installation conflicts in the field.
- Effectively and proactively communicate with project managers, project engineers, and field foremen during the drafting and construction process. This includes communications of challenges and schedule progress on a timely basis.
- Use Company tools to manage requests for information and shop drawing progress.
- Proactively identify and communicate areas of deficiency/gaps along with proposed solutions on projects to support timely completion of work.
- Perform Department/Management support tasks under limited supervision
- Backcheck peer drawings for quality control
- Apply knowledge of drafting and company standards
- Attend and potentially lead coordination meetings with contractors, and stakeholders
- Bring potential project-related problems and possible solutions to the attention of our Senior Project Manager
- Learn and properly use the document management system
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Other duties as required
If you meet the qualifications for this position, please respond and submit your resume
Job Type: Contract with opportunity for full-time employee status